Friday, November 7, 2014

Heidi Somers Online Training Program - Review

Well my first 6 weeks of the Heidi Somers training program are completed and I thought I would give a review of not only the program, but of her.

In regards to the program:

It is an online training program. I paid for 6 weeks of meal and strength training. It cost me less than $200. She responded in less than 24 hours on my inquiry, and she had my meals and exercises ready about a week after I sent her payment via PayPal. My meals were the same for all 6 weeks, and she detailed my breakfast, lunch, dinner, post workout, and snacks on the meal plan. There were a few items that I changed after her acceptance of the changes. One of them was a cabbage dish, I personally am not a fan of cabbage so I swapped it with Spinach. And the other was grapefruit. Now I love grapefruits, but for the past two weeks the ones I picked up at the market were not good, so I switched to oranges. With an online program, you still are your sole motivator. She laid the foundation for me, and I had to follow it. There were days I didn't work out due to time maintenance or being sick, and there were times when I cheated on my diet. In the end, I know it was my cheat days that really hindered me from losing more inches and weight. 

The Flaws of the Program: 

This is just in general to any online program. You have to do all the work. No one is going to cook your food for you, no one is going to be at the gym telling you to do it again, or lift hard, or walk more. It's all you. And it's very easy to mentally break down, but you have to want it. At the end of the day, it is your sole responsibility to get out of the rut you physically put yourself into.

In regards to Heidi:

I had followed Heidi on Instagram and YouTube, so I knew she was a BioRhythm athlete and spokesperson, and to be honest, I was fearful that she was going to be just like every other nutritionist or trainer that I spoke to and start selling me a ton of products. She never once mentioned BioRhythm in the 6 weeks we've worked together. She did not try to sell me on any products whatsoever. She did mention 3 supplements that I should take, but they could be found at my local vitamin store. Thru emails you can tell she has a very bubbly and friendly personality. 90% of the time she responded within 48 hours of my emails. She seems very knowledgeable about her chosen career field, and when it came to preparing my plan, it appeared that she took time to research my physical capabilities and I was never hungry.

The Downsides I Faced with Heidi:

There was one particular week that my email was overlooked and I had to email her again to take a look at it. After that she did work hard to make up for that error. I think she could personally be more active in checking in with her clients and I say that knowing full well it is expected that the Client is suppose to check in with her once a week at minimum. I just think it would mean a bit more to her clients, if she also did random check-ins. Just a simple text or email, asking if everything is going well, anything need to be changed, or for my case "GET YOUR ASS UP AND GO TO THE GYM"

Just in general with online trainers, I wonder how many clients they have to give a sort of individualized attention that each client needs. Not every body is created equal, and I know for me I'm a rather large client with way different needs than others.

Overall:

I lost 17 pounds, and I'll have to look back at my journal to see the inches I lost. But I definitely didn't gain. And I even purchased another 16 weeks with Heidi for the following reasons.

1) I can't do this on my own.
2) I spent 3 months searching and she's the only one to offer to help.
3) I know if I was 100% committed, I can do better on my weight loss.
4) I faced one "flaw" with her in 6 weeks time, not bad. 

I think I'm going to commit myself to working with Heidi for a year. I want to not be this size anymore and I want to make it work. I can be a completely better version of myself with her help.

Check out Heidi Somers on the following platforms.
Heidi Somers YouTube
Heidi Somers Instagram
Heidi Somers Facebook

38 comments:

  1. Just wondering if you continued to train with Heidi, and if so your experiences with the plan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jekessa1 - I am still training with Heidi. I haven't posted an updated blog about it, but she is very knowledgeable and helpful. But she does have a long client list, plus a busy life, so it is easy to get lost in the crowd. You have to communicate with her, tell her what you like/dislike. Right now I'm in a slump. I'm almost at the lost 50 lbs mark, but I had to have her change my plan because I wasn't losing any weight whatsoever. And because I never saw the scale move, I started emotionally eating. I'm back on track though now, and gotta re-lose what I gained and I gotta get more motivation.

      Delete
    2. This pre-workout drink mix will guarantee that performance, on the whole, is improved while you are exercising. what is pre workout supplement

      Delete
    3. i read a lot of stuff and i found that the way of writing to clearifing that exactly want to say was very good so i am impressed and ilike to come again in future.. weight lifting

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a link to where I could find her program?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Natalie. She doesn't have a website just yet. But if you look at the links on the bottom of this blog you'll find her youtube fitness videos, her IG and her FB page.

      You can email her directly for questions or
      Customized Workout/Meal plans at HeidiSomers@Hotmail.com.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your response Elizabeth. I really sympathize with plateauing and wanting to run to food, I've done that too, viscous cycle. I think consistency and persistence is key. All the very best to you Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I really like your blog:)
    Congrats on all the hard work you've put in!
    I recently hired Heidi as an online coach as well. I was wondering how long it took for you to receive the questionnaire to fill out once you had sent your payment. I sent her my payment 3-4 days ago and have yet to hear from her confirming she received my $ nor for me to fill out the questionnaire. Is this something you had to deal with often? Ie the somewhat slow responses? I hope I didn't make a mistake by hiring her and wasting my hard earned money. :(
    Thanks for your help!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie! Thanks so much. I really do need to update this thing. I post on instagram as 2unfit2quit for more of my journey. I never can find time to sit down and type a blog, but I need to.

      It actually took Heidi about 24 hours to get me the questionnaire then about a week to get me my meal plan and workout. I'd say just send her another email because it might have been overlooked.

      Unfortunately, "being overlooked" does happen quite frequently. She has a lot of clients and is super busy so while I understand, it is also frustrating. But she is super nice and super apologetic.

      Hopefully she can be more of help to you. But just send her another reminder. You hired her, so it is part of your responsibility to ride her as well. Especially since it is hard earned money.

      Delete
  6. This is very interesting. I purchased someone who Heidi actually knows, since that person also an athlete - they even were in the youtube video together. (I will write a name here a bit later, after I had more experience with the person). So far I am 50/50 :(

    1) I have only yet received diet plan and no workouts, eventho I waned to by only the diet plan at the start, the deal also included training program-and as of today, the 4th day - I have no clue if the training plan coming, the person is not responding for two days now. (today is Sunday and it is fine by me if the person not working weekends as personal trainer, but I then would like to know about that and I do not.)

    2) I asked to include one product that I cannot live without and provided all the nutrition information about it, and asked to include it, but it was not included at all (the dish is dietary, low fat, low carb).

    3) I got my weeks of diet plan where training included in every day. I have no idea how I should eat the days when I rest and do not train.

    So, currently waiting! I will get back here later and reveal the name of a person. And I think if I won't get happier, I will switch to Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello all! I recently purchased an 8 week program from Heidi (exercises and meal plans) and have not heard from her at all. No questionnaire. I received an email saying my order shipped - which is weird because how would she know what to ship me? It's been about a week now and I've sent numerous emails - I'm feeling sort of helpless, especially because my account was already charged! I don't know what to do. Anyone have any insight or suggestions? - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amanda, I emailed you yesterday and resent the questionnaire. I redesigned my website a few weeks ago and instead of a "shipped" email you were suppose to get the questionnaire automatically sent to you. So sorry about that! Trying to fix this issue with my new website.
      -Heidi

      Delete
    2. Hi Heidi! Thanks for your email. I responded to it this morning with my filled out questionnaire and 2 photos. - Amanda

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I filled out my questionnaire 3 days ago, I keep refreshing my email hoping it comes in soon. I am so excited! I love Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I filled out my questionnaire 3 days ago, I keep refreshing my email hoping it comes in soon. I am so excited! I love Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't know if I want to do this program by the way it sounds it takes so long to get a response from Her, she takes your money fast but makes you wait for your program, and your emails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wine Girl,

      I can't exactly say how the business is ran now, since I used her almost 2 years. I do know that she is only getting more popular and more busy with her personal brand. I'm not sure if she has a cap on the number of people she coaches either. You just have to know your self. You are simply paying for emails from her that help set you up with weight loss or building muscle or prepping for a show. If you're willing to pay that amount for that information, then it's worth it.

      You just have to know yourself. Can you simply take what she gives and apply to your daily life on your own, or do you a need a more hands on coach? If you can do it on your own and just need the right jump start of information, than Heidi is definitely useful for that.

      Delete
  12. Don't know if I want to do this program by the way it sounds it takes so long to get a response from Her, she takes your money fast but makes you wait for your program, and your emails

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have also decided to give Heidi a go since I like her personality she has on YouTube and her knowledge on training that she shares.... Its been just over two weeks since I sent my money and questionnaire and nothing has come to me. Money was taken but no estimate or range of time to receive training has been offered. And NO answers back to my emails. I Am a bit disheartened by this all but will hopefully see something in my email soon that will make up for all this waiting.. Not a nice feeling to send money and not be in contact with the person. Will post follow up when and if I receive my package.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Update... program received. She said she sent it earlier but I was checking all the time in my spam and inbox very frequently because I was so excited and saw nothing. It was a long, arduous and kinda stressful process. Good luck to anyone who may consider her in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole,
      I'm having the same issues and I'm not getting any emails from her. I paid for 12 week program which was alot of money. I'm bit taken back that haven't eardrum from her this is the 3rd week no response from her. Not really impressed.

      Delete
  15. I started my training with Heidi since September,I had great results but for some reason I haven't gotten an email response acknowledge from her since October 12.I emailed her through various email accounts. It's unlikely her not to reply to my messages. I purchased he 12 week program. Not sure what else to do at this point. Does anyone have suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree.. Ultimately it's up to ourselves.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like u said, it sounds like a good program to first start learning how to lose weight.. Thanks for the insights, I was curious about her program from an entrepreneurial perspective to be honest.. Thanks again xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! I, also, purchased a 4 week customized training program from Heidi a week ago and I have not heard from her at all! NO QUESTIONNAIRE. Just a automatic email saying my order was paid in full. It has been a week now and I've sent many emails...I just feel so overwhelmed by this experience with Heidi at this point, especially because my account was charged and in USD DOLLARS seeing I'm from CANADA! Any help would be appreciated?
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good evening folks,
    Before anyone thinks about purchasing or using Heidi Somers, aka buff bunny, as a fitness coach/mentor, I’d advise you to read reviews on her as a fitness consultant. This is my personal experience with Heidi Somers. I’ve watched her YouTube videos and fell in love with her personality and tips and tricks on how to become fit and healthy with your choices. I purchased her customized 12 week program (that included meal and training) on April 30, 2017. I wrote to her (or her team of customer service) about my concerns on May 1 because I didn’t the questionnaire or a simple “we have received your payment and will be sending your questionnaire shortly”. This is what I wrote
    “I didn’t realize how long it would take for you to at least reach out to me. I know it’s been a day but come on a whole day has gone by and nothing. Since I have yet to start the questionnaire, I believe a refund should be given. I rather not put my trust into a program that takes forever to respond back. I submitted payment last night and have yet to receive any type of response from you or the team that works for you. Since I haven’t started my fitness journey with you, not even a freaking questionnaire from you, I want a refund. How does it take a whole day for some type of response from you? I mean I know you have your team of service customer too so what excuse do you have? I haven’t even started your program and I’m pissed. Please refund me my $350.00 because this is unacceptable.
    Ms. Heidi Somers wrote me back on May 1 titled: Welcome to the program!
    Melony,
    Customer service just sent over your email. Thank you so much for reaching out and helping address the problem. When I had sent over your questionnaire google sent me an alert that it wasn’t received. So thank you for helping with this problem �� This is my private client email so any questions that you might have please feel free to ask �� looking forward to your questionnaire!
    - Heidi.

    One, thanks Heidi for personally writing back to me. Two, you seriously didn’t even try to let me know that google never sent me the questionnaire and you blatantly didn’t respond back or even tried to resend and let me know what happened? Well damn Ms. Heidi Somers…. I decided to personally write back to her and this is what I said:
    “I much rather receive a refund and not start the program with you. I love your personality and YouTube videos however, seeing that you have confirmed to me that the questionnaire was sent and you didn’t even respond to that “alert” until just now, shows me 1. You have way too many clients or 2. You didn’t care enough to send me another email when you had seen that your email was never received by me. Regardless, I would rather go elsewhere so please refund.
    I didn’t hear back from her personally of her F**k up so I wrote back to her and her customer service demanding for a full refund until finally one of her dedicated customer services reps wrote back saying that she was in charge of the clothing line but will help with getting my refund.

    Personally, Heidi Somers is a great YouTube entertainer in the fitness industry however, when it comes to hiring her to put your fitness life in her hand, I’d advise you to run the other directions. I had problems with her before I even started the program and for her to have the audacity to admit that the email never went through and not even take control of the situation just shows me the lack of interest she has on her own damn clients. I want to hire someone who can be prompt on emails because for someone like me who knows very little about fitness and meals, I need that guidance. Heidi Somers is not someone who should try to coach other average women or men about fitness. She should stick to what she does on YouTube and/or promotions.

    I hope this helps someone from wasting their time with a YouTube Fitness Guru. Do more research on other people, I know I am now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are fair to mention a message stating "your order has been received and we will contact you shorty or in a day or too" would be a nice feature to have..but I have to disagree regarding your comments about Heidi.

      Yeah it sucks to have to wait a long time to get you workout stuff but remember that Heidi is probably one of the top fitness gurus you can go to. She probably gets a TON of emails every day, no one is perfect and I'm sure she is always trying to improve her online site to make the workout plans a better experience and try to fix any errors along the way. No one is perfect. At least you heard back from her in a couple days versus a week or more as others stated in their comments. I'M SURE HEIDI WANTS NOTHING MORE THAN TO HELP YOU ON YOUR FITNESS JOURNEY, but she also is helping many others too while taking care of herself and running her business. Chill.

      Delete
  21. I am experiencing the SAME thing with little to no response from Heidi! I purchased the 12 week meal/training on August 28th. Had not heard from anyone for over 24 hours so I put out an email to the customer service who said they would forward my information to the coaching email. Days go by so I reach back out again on September 3rd. That same day I took it upon myself to comment on one of Heidi's recent post that she had just posted because I had seen that she was actively liking and replying to people. I commented that I had signed up for her 12 week program, had not heard back from anyone, and that I was excited to get started. She immediately replied back to my comment saying, "hi love! So sorry about that let me look into it now!! Excited for you to start!". I got a reply from her that night but only with instructions to reply back to her email saying I received it. I replied within 20 minutes. I had not heard back to I sent another email the morning of September 5th asking if she got my email. She actually replied to me later that day with the questionnaire which i filled out and sent back to her within 2 hours. It had been well over 24 hours and no reply saying she got my questionaire nor that she is working on something so I sent an email to her on Sept 6th saying:

    "I am really looking forward to working with you! I went with your program because I like that it described a flexible, customized plan with lots of variety. I also had the expectation of frequent, or timely communications with you. This is where I am very disappointed. I am finding that it takes you over 24 hours to respond to emails or texts. I may have gotten the wrong impression of your services. I am looking for a coach who will interact with me on a daily basis initially so we can develop a relationship and I can fully grasp the Program. If this is not the type of service you provide, that is perfectly fine. Please refund my fee and we can go our separate ways – No Harm Done. I believe in being frank and straight forward so please let me know if we will be able to work together. I look forward to hearing from you in the next 24 hours."

    It's September 7th, 2017 and still no reply and my last reply from her was on September 5th. I am getting frustrated. I am waiting on her to uphold her end of the bargain. I paid the money and expect a reply or follow up within 24 or even 48 hours at least. It has been over a week and I have not even started to work with her and I already have a sour taste in my mouth. So I reached out to customer service to ask for a refund. I'd rather work with someone who only takes on 10 or less clients, who can reply quickly, and really focus on their clients and their success. I have found someone else who is also big in the fitness world and who responds within 2 hours of my emails to her. I just need my refund from Heidi's program to work with this other trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am experiencing the SAME thing with little to no response from Heidi! I purchased the 12 week meal/training on August 28th. Had not heard from anyone for over 24 hours so I put out an email to the customer service who said they would forward my information to the coaching email. Days go by so I reach back out again on September 3rd. That same day I took it upon myself to comment on one of Heidi's recent post that she had just posted because I had seen that she was actively liking and replying to people. I commented that I had signed up for her 12 week program, had not heard back from anyone, and that I was excited to get started. She immediately replied back to my comment saying, "hi love! So sorry about that let me look into it now!! Excited for you to start!". I got a reply from her that night but only with instructions to reply back to her email saying I received it. I replied within 20 minutes. I had not heard back to I sent another email the morning of September 5th asking if she got my email. She actually replied to me later that day with the questionnaire which i filled out and sent back to her within 2 hours. It had been well over 24 hours and no reply saying she got my questionaire nor that she is working on something so I sent an email to her on Sept 6th saying:

    "I am really looking forward to working with you! I went with your program because I like that it described a flexible, customized plan with lots of variety. I also had the expectation of frequent, or timely communications with you. This is where I am very disappointed. I am finding that it takes you over 24 hours to respond to emails or texts. I may have gotten the wrong impression of your services. I am looking for a coach who will interact with me on a daily basis initially so we can develop a relationship and I can fully grasp the Program. If this is not the type of service you provide, that is perfectly fine. Please refund my fee and we can go our separate ways – No Harm Done. I believe in being frank and straight forward so please let me know if we will be able to work together. I look forward to hearing from you in the next 24 hours."

    It's September 7th, 2017 and still no reply and my last reply from her was on September 5th. I am getting frustrated. I am waiting on her to uphold her end of the bargain. I paid the money and expect a reply or follow up within 24 or even 48 hours at least. It has been over a week and I have not even started to work with her and I already have a sour taste in my mouth. So I reached out to customer service to ask for a refund. I'd rather work with someone who only takes on 10 or less clients, who can reply quickly, and really focus on their clients and their success. I have found someone else who is also big in the fitness world and who responds within 2 hours of my emails to her. I just need my refund from Heidi's program to work with this other trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking for weighted clothing? Let us assist you in your decision to buy weighted clothes with our excellent reviews and product recommendations Weighted clothing for under clothes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Online Fitness Trainer, Coaching, and Training - online macro coaching for building muscle and getting lean. Custom macros and custom training program for your body. Start today with LIVTLIFE.Online macro coach

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Personal Training for Back Pain

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. personal training courses

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. fitness personal training

    ReplyDelete