On the questionnaire Heidi had me fill out, she asked what my Goals were.
I don't know specifics, any size smaller than what I am sounds great to me. Here's what I told her.
Vanity Reasons
I want to be smaller than what I am. I want to look cute in clothes. I want to feel better in clothes. I want to not have to shop online for my outfits, and I want to not have to go to the biggest size in the rack just find a few things for me to choose from, and everything looks "matronly." I want to not have to hold the camera at a high angle to prevent my double chins from showing. I want to be able to take a full length photo with my friends or when I'm traveling at a beautiful landmark. I'd really like to wear tank tops in public.
Lifestyle Reasons
I'd like to be able to fit on a roller coaster, or better yet fit in a car and be able to use the seat belt without an extender. I'd like to walk a flight of stairs without getting winded. I'd like to walk from the parking lot to my classroom without perspiring and feeling short of breath. I'd like to know when I go to a concert I can fit in the seats and not have to order an aisle seat ticket. I'd like to not have to buy two plane tickets. I'd like to be able to go hiking more. I'd like to be able to dance with my nieces without having to stop and rest.
Health Reasons
I want to be healthy. I want to be fit. Thankfully, even with the size I am, I'm "relatively" healthy, in the sense that I'm not on blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, diabetic meds. I am pre-diabetic, but since I've started working out and cutting out fast food, my numbers had dropped and my doctor did say if I kept it up, I could be out of the "pre" range in 1-2 years. Everyone in my family is obese. My parents and grandmothers suffer from heart conditions, my father is diabetic and a stroke victim. Ideally, I don't want to end up like them.
No comments:
Post a Comment