As mentioned in a previous post, I reached out to a dozen people and only one responded.
I should also mention that she responded in less than 24 hours.
In my first email, I told her about my struggles trying to find help. I told her my age and weight and that I need help, and that if she could have someone my size as a client, I'd greatly appreciate. I also told her that the way my personality is, I need black and white specifics. I need a weekly meal guide and grocery list. Counting calories does nothing for me because I can find shitty food to fill me up and still make my calories for the day.
Within her response were these words "Thank you for reaching out to me. I would LOVE to help you! My heart goes out to you for not receiving responses from other people!"
BAM! I was hooked. I may have even shed a tear. I felt a weight lifting off my shoulders, because FINALLY someone had accepted my plea. I immediately purchased her 6 week meal and training program, for less than $200, which is really cheap compared to the other 11 people I've met with.
I ended up filling out a questionaire and she wanted to two front and back pictures in a bra and shorts. Dear Lord in Heaven, that was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I probably have taken less than 10 full body pictures my entire life, so I was extremely disgusted with how I looked, but at the same time. The girl I was a year ago, would have NEVER done something like that. A year ago, if I hired her and she asked for a photo, I would have found a way out of it, or asked for a refund. So mentally I'm in a better place I think.
In a little over a week's time she had my workout plan, grocery list, and supplement list ready for me. She even said she had done research and spoke with doctors. Now whether she is saying that to me for me to think she's legit, or she actually did it, I don't care. I sincerely appreciate all her effort.
My workouts consist of Strength Training and Cardio. Cardio is not my friend. It's not that my legs hurt or that I get short of breath (those both happen) but my back starts to be the first thing that hurts, and I usually start to feel discourage and shorten my cardio time because of that. But I'm determined to make it all happen.
The Grocery list is truly not something different than what I buy. Back in January I made the switch to hormone free / organic meat. I did it more for the taste than the health factor. I was willing to pay a bit more for something that tasted 10x better than to deal with flavorless food. She really promotes organic and hormone free meats, fruits, and veggies. I have no problem with that.
The supplements are not out of the ordinary either. I've taken fish oil in the past and it became a matter of always forgetting to buy it. But she did say I needed GRAMS of oils not milligrams, so I had to buy the liquid oil. Oh that's a disgusting flavor. L-Carnintine as a natural fat burning, which I've never taken, but it's relatively inexpensive. So whatever. And the last thing on her supplement list was protein powder. Which I've always had some in stock, but she gave m a list of ones that were organic and all natural.
She gave me my meal plan as well, and bless her heart, she did it black and white and gave me specific breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for a week. It all seems doable, and nothing is out of the ordinary. I just gotta go grocery shopping.
My online fitness trainer is Heidi Somers. I cannot thank her enough for responding, for being enthusiastic, and for taking the time to develop a plan specifically for someone my size. I can't wait to see the results after 6 weeks.
Here's her Facebook and Youtube Link to check her out.
Heidi Somers - Facebook
Heidi Somers - YouTube
Thanks girl. I need to get back on track using this blog plus back on track with my weight loss.
ReplyDeleteHey, great blog, but I don’t understand how to add your site in my reader. Can you Help me please?
ReplyDeleteOnline Fitness Trainer