Well I live in Texas and our weather is definitely all season in one week. I've been loving the fall temperatures we've been feeling lately, but that took a toll on me this week.
Monday was good. I did a lot of cardio and some weight training and I was feeling good thinking I could do more than scheduled for this week, until Tuesday came along and knocked me on my ass.
Tuesday thru Thursday I was sick. Sinus pressure headaches that turned into migraines, and dry heaving bouts that made me wish I would just vomit already. Does anyone else feel 10x better after they vomit? I know I do.
I stocked up on allergy pills, emergen-c packets and ramen noodles. Ramen noodles are not part of my diet plan, but when I was only eating ezekial bread and this, I figure, whatever it's my "cheat" meal for the 6 week program. I'm so super picky on chicken noodle soup, that I realized my goal this winter is to come up with my own "healthier" chicken broth to have when I am sick. Maybe I can add the Quest Nutrition noodles to it, so it will be the better choice than SODIUM INTENSE RAMEN NOODLES. But damn I sure do love the convenience of 3 minute soup. Plus it's crazy cheap, I think I paid 15 cents a package.
Tuesday thru Thursday, I didn't work out. I rested, and I did a few at home strength training items that Heidi had listed, but between the headaches and the body aches and the dry heaving, I greatly enjoyed reading in bed and napping.
I'm a huge advocate for the emergen-c packets. Usually when people around me are starting to get sick or I feel like I'm not at 100%, I will either take a few more Vit-C pills or if it's a dire situation, I'll reach for the emergen-c. I think it definitely helped me this go round.
Today is Friday, and I am feeling 100% better. I still am taking the day off from the gym, so 1) I can be 100% mentally and physically but 2) it's my Granny's 80th Birthday weekend, so tonight I'm having dinner with her and my gym closes at 9pm on Fridays. BOO.
But I am all scheduled to hit the gym on Saturday and Sunday, and I'm even trying to schedule a little hiking session on Saturday to get some extra cardio in.
Week 5 - I'm really going to kick my ass in gear. There should be no excuses this time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment